Assistant Restaurant Manager
The Assistant Restaurant Manager assists the Restaurant Manager with the daily operations of the restaurant, and oversees all restaurant operations during the Restaurant Manager’s absence. This is a key leadership role, shaping the training and culture of the Bistro sales/service staff.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in the development of policies and procedures.
- Support Restaurant Manager in leading service team throughout service
- Lead food, wine knowledge and sales training before each dinner shift.
- Assist in interviewing potential new staff.
- Meet with the Restaurant Manager weekly to discuss improvement opportunities and staff concerns.
- Assist in creating the identity of the restaurant (server attire, aesthetics, serving style, etc.).
- Consistently anticipate guest needs and actively follow up on guest request
- Assuming all key responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager for the duration of any extended leave taken by him/her.
- Ensure adherence to all local, provincial, and federal regulations.
- Develop initiative to build sales, profitability in conjunction with sales and marketing. Maintain effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
- Ensure all safety systems, security systems and procedures are followed to ensure health and safety of employees and guests.
- Respond to guest comments and criticism in a constructive and positive manner, looking at such as an opportunity to build guest count. Educate and empower subordinate supervisors and associates to act in a similar capacity.
- Assist in orientating all new employees utilizing company handbooks and support materials.
- Regulate and manage all restaurant related inventory controls
- Develop and in depth knowledge of Summerhill culinary offerings and wine portfolio
- Daily sales and cash reports.
- Clear communication with executive chef to anticipate projected volume and kitchen issues (product availability, staff concerns, customer compliments and complaints, etc.)
- Have an understanding of and be able to operate and program the Squirrel POS system.
- College, High School or equivalent.
- Valid Serving it Right certificate
- Course Work in Restaurant management preferred.
- Possess a minimum of four years’ experience in the restaurant industry, preferably in fine dining.
- Knowledge of Labour Laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security Systems and Procedures and Computer Operations.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Positive, professional and open minded attitude
- Team oriented attitude and proven ability to work collaboratively in fast paced team environment
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position including repetitive lifting of 30-50lbs, being able to stand for extended periods of time as well as navigate stairs
- Open and flexible schedule for the duration of the season
- WSET qualifications considered an asset
- Possess a thorough understanding of all key responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager.
- Possess a deep knowledge of wines, food and wine pairing, and the local wine industry.
- Be an exemplary leader.
- Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Be able to improvise and adapt to any and all unexpected situations.
- Be able to work effectively and calmly in high volume, high pressure situations.
- Be able to provide for the guest without compromising the integrity of the Restaurant and/or Restaurant staff.
- Possess a friendly and outgoing attitude that inspires fellow staff and represents the brand values of Summerhill Pyramid Winery.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org