Reprinted from Summerhill Pyramid Winery's articles of incorporation
CERTIFIED B CORPORATION
6. The Company is a Certified B Corporation.
7. The purpose of the Company shall include, but is not in any way limited to or restricted by, the creation of a positive impact on society and the environment, taken as a whole, from the business and operations of the Company, which impact is material in view of the size and nature of the Company’s business.
8. The Directors shall, when deciding what is in the best interests of the corporation, consider the short-term and the long-term interests of the corporation and the interests of the corporation's shareholders, employees, suppliers, creditors and consumers, as well as the government, the environment, and the community and society in which the corporation operates (the “Stakeholders”), to inform their decisions.
9. In discharging his or her duties, and in determining what is in the best interests of the corporation, each director shall consider all of the Stakeholders (defined above) but shall not be required to regard the interests of any particular Stakeholder as determinative.
10. Nothing in this Article express or implied, is intended to create or shall create or grant any right in or for any person other than a shareholder or any cause of action by or for any person other than a shareholder.
11. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any Director is entitled to rely upon the definition of "best interests" as set forth above in enforcing his or her rights hereunder, and under provincial law and such reliance shall not, absent another breach, be construed as a breach of a Director's fiduciary duty of care, even in the context of a change in control transaction where, as a result of weighing other Stakeholders' interests, a Director determines to accept an offer, between two competing offers, with a lower price per share.